Write a Novel in Ninety Days
You'll be guided step-by-step, daily, to complete your novel
Develop a page-turning plot and craft a compelling story with 100+ daily lessons one our interactive online platform with unique tools to structure and pace your writing plan. You'll acquire advanced novel writing skills based on the methods of the great novelists to fast-track your novel-writing. Your one-to-one author tutor sessions will keep you happily on track.
This is the course created by a Booker-listed novelist to help you bring to life a bold story, beautifully told, in any genre of fiction. Suitable for writers at all stages, even beginners. You'll get that novel done.
The World-Class Novel Writing Course
As preferred and recommended by the world's leading literary agencies
“It works! I wrote a first draft of nearly 70,000 words. Knowing there was new material every day really encouraged me to show up daily and to produce work. I have a great sense of achievement. I’m a great believer in instant gratification, and this course gets you producing work straight away. No stopping to edit for critique like on more formal courses, and no need to spend time critiquing others until you are ready to. Just a wonderful smooth and steady progress towards producing your own work.”
– Cate Guthleben, now represented by our partner agency, United Agents
Develop the skills of a professional novelist in just ninety days. Check the foundations of your novel are good before you start to write - or rewrite - your novel. You'll get a set of shiny writing tools, and bespoke guidance to write your story in your genre from your tutor, you'll have a novel manuscript you can't wait to refine and polish for sucess.
Knowing this is the first draft gives you the permission to take risks, explore unexpected twists and turns and have fun. Because writing is fun, and creative mischief is essential as you'll discover in our unique course.
Enjoy the company of our worldwide novelists' group with weekly novel writing classes and famous guest author sessions. You'll have access to the novel course and membership for a year.
1. Inspiration and Preparation. Where motivation meets method. Ten lessons to take at your own pace to get prepared to write your first draft. We'll share with you our highly effective one-hour-a-day method to write your novel. A complete mindset reboot and cleanse. This is the course for busy people to achieve their ambition to write a novel and hold down a day job too.
2. The Construction Phase. An intense two-week period to get the groundwork prepared for writing your novel. We'll begin with the agent of change, the character flaw, and how your setting and cast serve your story's theme and you'll discover the one-word secret to create an exciting drama. You'll prepare a simple but deadly one-pager story plan that includes elements you may never have considered previously, essential to story success for readers, publishers and agents. You'll meet your tutor to work through the story plan together, get creative inspiration for story development, check the plot and get a big thumbs up.
3. The Swim Phase. We build your writing confidence counterintuitively perhaps by asking you to go slow while you're putting the vital organs of your story onto the page. We'll consider who is telling the story, from what perspective, and how, the matter of 'voice' and how the location or world of your novel affects the events unfolding in your plot. You'll be introduced to some of the great writers and learn new techniques to make your writing sharper and smarter.
4. The Heat Phase. Now you're really cooking, knowing what's working, and staying on track and checking in with your tutor. Your daily word count will increase as you get deeper into the story and raise the stakes in your plot. Some fierce and fabulous lessons to power you through the middle of your novel.
5. The Enlightenment Phase. Game-changing insights as you approach the ending. We'll focus on the nuts and bolts of one of the greatest novels of all time to consider how to be both poet and programmer as you code your novel with sensational ideas, immersive detail and true-to-life dialogue that will make it a page-turner.
6. The Home Phase. This is where we hunker down towards the ending with advice on how to bring the elements of your novel together for a resounding, unexpected yet satisfying conclusion, with 'weatherproofing', 'ornamentation' and borrowing from the larder of backstory. In these last two weeks, we'll show you how to bring the magic and message of your novel's story home for readers.
“For many years I thought that having enough time was the major impediment. I now know that was the least of it.”
A graduate of our Ninety Day Novel Writing Course
Choose Your Novel Writing Course Plan
Sign up and start today
You can schedule your author tutor working sessions at your convenience. We work across all time zones. All 30-minute tutor calls are recorded and yours to keep. The 45-minute feedback sessions also include a written report on your work. We review up to 2500 words at a time (but you can upgrade to include a longer section when booking). You’ll get a year’s access to your course but we'd be happy to offer no-fuss, low-cost extensions. Once you have completed this course, you’ll be ready for The Big Edit.
If you're seeking more feedback or the equivalent of a Creative Writing MA or MFA, you should opt for The Finished Novel course.
Choose Your Novelist Tutor
When you join us for the Novel Course you will be able to choose your novelist mentor to guide you through writing your novel. Choose the level of support you'd like with your plan. Schedule your online Zoom sessions at your convenience. Write with a novelist at your side who loves your novel as much as you do and will see you through to 'The End'
The Novel You've Always Wanted To Write
Writers Love The Novelry
“It’s been a life-giving, powerful experience.”
“If you are thinking of signing up, don’t think twice. It’s one of the best decisions I have ever made. After six years of labouring on my book, I ended up with a first draft and a story that still blows my mind when I think about it. My tutor is not only an expert on the craft of writing, she is also incredibly smart, witty, creative and an absolute joy to work with. Her feedback was honest, yet always supportive. The Novelry is my favourite place on the internet, and I think it might become yours too.”
– Anna Brandt
“It is the best course I have ever done.”
“It has been an absolute pleasure from start to finish. I loved establishing the daily routine. I found the course material very stimulating and thought-provoking. Loved reading the recommended books. Loved the online workshops. I felt supported. I finished my novel. To anyone thinking of signing up, do it. It has been such a positive, enriching and productive experience for me and I have achieved more in these 90 days than in many years before.”
– Carla Jenkins, now represented by Madeline Milburn Literary Agency
Your Novel Writing Course Certificate
Achievement, achievement, achievement.
Proudly display your achievement on your professional profile with our digital certificates issued upon completion of your course. Demonstrate an achievement that is 'high stakes' and proves tenacity and staying power. Show expertise with an accomplishment that has been overseen by a respected professional. You'll have a testament to writing skills of a high standard.
Our Novel Writing Course Reviews
Novel Course FAQs
Find out more at our FAQs page here.
The Novel Course format
So much more than textbook 'downloads'
You won't be sharing work at first draft
Impaired vision / hearing / English second language
Our Admissions and Refund Policy
Get the #1 novel writing course blog worldwide each Sunday