The Creative Writing Blog
Ranked #1 Worldwide*
Welcome to The Novelry blog. Your first stop for all things to do with novel writing. Peruse the articles to troubleshoot your writing problems and get that novel done! Happy writing!
- Life is complex and I am always trying to make sense of it.
- I like to entertain, be useful and have a role.
- I think I like being the centre of attention.
- I also hate being the centre of attention.
- I’m not great at acknowledging pain in real life but I find I’m excellent at acknowledging it on the page.
- Writers are interesting.
- Reading is empowering.
- I have a hunger to be known and understood.
- I have a desire to make connections and feel less alone.
- I cannot not.
I’ve found writing is best if:
- I don’t think about my mother reading what I have written.
- I don’t think about prizes, chart positions or reviews.
- I do think about being honest.
- I redraft and edit as I go along.
- I am disciplined and write regularly, by which I mean every day.
- I risk being unpopular, so I don’t chase a tide of popularity in terms of genre.
- I don’t copy other authors’ styles.
- I challenge myself.
- I doubt myself.
- I believe in myself.
I’ve managed to write...
Get on the list!
Get the Sunday paper for writers to your inbox.