The Finished Novel Course
Take the time to develop your creative writing skills and confidence as you complete your novel to publishing standard with the exciting and practical version of a Creative Writing MFA or MA. You'll work with bestselling authors to create your novel with confidence. Then, we'll raise your manuscript to the highest publishing standards with the expertise of publishing professionals on our in-house editorial team.
The Finished Novel Course is our equivalent of a Creative writing MFA or MA fully online.
- Develop writing skills and awareness of approaches to writing
- Progress and hone sophisticated writing skills in at least one genre
- Engage in sharing, critiquing and reviewing a variety of work
- Prepare a substantial piece of work to a professional standard.
Practical and professional skills are taught throughout the programme in a cumulative way. You will be producing potentially publishable creative work throughout the programme, and the peer and tutor assessment will gauge and discuss your work’s position in the fiction landscape.
During your writing of your novel:
- 12 private working sessions with feedback to 20,000 words in 500 words chunks
- Our 3-stage process for creating a book: the Classic course, the Novel course, the Big Edit course
- Membership of the online writing community for your year
Then, the Ultimate Manuscript Assessment.
- a full report on a 100,000-word manuscript focusing on key areas for development as detailed below. Each report is unique to the text submitted and will respond where necessary to any additional issues raised in your covering letter.)
- the pitch - the vital one-liner for your novel's successful submission. Is it 'stand-out'? Is it fresh, exciting, smart? If not we will give you insights for development.
- the storyline - does your storyline fit the publishing industry requirements for the genre? We will help you get this just right.
- structural development - is the story shape, the narrative arc and character development satisfying? We'll help you decide what to feature and what to revise if necessary.
- line-edited manuscript - line-editing looks at your work sentence by sentence, to consider what each sentence and paragraph contribute to your story, your character development and plot.
- A 'director's cut' - We will provide you with an author's cut of your first chapter to show you how to raise your writing game. This will be completed by one of our bestselling author tutors.
- A 45-minute video debrief with an editor for you to keep.
- Submission to literary agents - if your manuscript is ready or close, we will make a plan with you for submission to our literary agent partners. We take no commission for this service.
The intensive and complete programme for writers wishing to turn pro.
Simply select your preferred plan, then scroll down to Buy now. At our secure checkout on the next page, you will be able to select your preferred payment method and select your local currency from the drop-down menu. All major global currencies accepted.
Happy writing guaranteed!